Select Page

Media Forums Uganda Police State The Uganda dictator, Yoweri Museveni Reply To: The Uganda dictator, Yoweri Museveni

Polluted Police? Slain Sheik Muwaya’s Family Accuses Gen. Kayihura, Top Cops of Aiding their Father’s Property Grabbing – The Investigator
Robert Ndawula
IGANGA, Mayuge, Uganda: After several media reports about the wrangles amongst the butchered Sheik Ductoor Muwaya’s family over property visa Vis counter reports to the contrary, the aggrieved party have resolved to own the public complaints against their ‘administrator’ and brother, Bongo Omar Ductoor by selecting one of them to release a public statement. Below is the dossier. Read on…

“Being an LC V Chairperson of Mayuge District, one would think that it is enough. However, it’s not the case for my brother Omar Bongo Ductoor. After Papa, Sheik Ductoor Muwaya’s death on the 25th of December 2014th, things changed.

As we were filled with too much grief wondering how our lives would go on without our beloved father, Bongo was busy calculating how he would steal the family fortune. I, Nakato Zeinab, happened to have witnessed my father being ruthlessly assassinated on that fateful night. I was torn apart and nearly endangered my life as I saw my father succumbing to the bullets that rained down on him.

“These people must pay,” is what I mumbled to myself. To my dismay, later, my siblings, mother and I were also implicated in Papa’s death. Bongo, who at the moment is the family’s self-imposed administrator, wanted me to lie for reasons I did not understand. He and one of my sisters, Fatwinah, kept on insisting that I lie to both the IGP and the President concerning the occurrence I had witnessed.

As children, our main interest would be to look for the assassins and ensure that they faced the law. But that wasn’t Bongo’s aim. This turn brought friction between his side and my mother’s side.

He chased my mother, Mariam Ductoor, who nurtured him and his four siblings after their mother’s death in 1994 (may her soul Rest in Peace). He chased us all from home and refused to pay fees claiming that we had taken part in Papa’s death. But then again, we realized it was a technique to sideline my mom and us from getting anything.

To Bongo, everyone he hated had participated in the callous murder; my uncle Ishaq Muwawa, was mercilessly implicated and detained for six months before he was released without a charge to his name. My mother was too, falsely implicated, I was dragged on board, the Supreme was dragged in too and everyone in favor of justice was branded a suspected killer!

The Task

Now we want Bongo to elaborate who really killed our dear Dad because as far as we know, the real culprits confessed to the boisterous act. I, being the main witness, pinpointed the man with the physique I saw and he indeed confessed. He claimed that he had also seen me and had wanted to shoot me too.

Later in 2015, we heard that my brother, Bongo, the LC V chairman of Mayuge, had received the letters of administration. We tried approaching him but since he was given the SFC guards, he just told them to trash us because to him, we were not his siblings and my mother was not the deceased’s wife. This in turn forced us to open up a case in Jinja court which is still ongoing.

We also opened up a case at Central Police Station Kampala under the file number…. after realizing that he had forged our signatures at the administrator’s office, claiming we were abroad studying and that my mother was abroad on treatment yet it was the IGP, Gen. Kale Kayihura who had helped with her  kidney sickness treatment. As though that wasn’t enough, Bongo went ahead and changed most of the Late’s cars into his names right after Papa’s death.

I, as one of the aggrieved daughters of the late Ductoor Muwaya, am concerned. Bongo and his Bush lawyers, Masagazi, a one UPDF officer Ramathan Mugaya and Bashir Kibira, the area LC I Chairperson have joined forces to leave us with nothing. Even the people that are willing to help us are having their lives threatened every time.

Our main witness, Sharif Mugerwa, was recently forced into a meeting by Bongo, the leader of Shia Group and his right-hand man Masagazi, and threatened to make him disappear if he ever testified or helped us. My grandfather also fears for his life as Bongo also threatened him after he attended court on 20th February 2017 in Jinja, trying to help us – his oppressed grandchildren.

My mother has also tried to seek the IGP who had promised to help her till the end but is now nowhere to be seen. Every time she tries to reach out to him, the PA, Jonathan Baroza and his Secretary, Christine, inform her that her son, Omar Bongo, has already been there ‘for us.’

This honestly made me question whether what Bongo claims is indeed true because according to him, the IGP, Kale Kayihura, is his ‘buddy’ and supports him in everything he does. She again rushed to Kibuli CIID Headquarters where she met the Director, Grace Akullo who told her that it was only the IGP or the President who could help out.

But she lost all hope when she (Akullo) confessed to her that Bongo was her personal friend and the best she could do was give him a call. She then persisted and requested to see the IGP but all was in vain. As of today, my mother is still waiting for the Director of CIID to call her as she had promised.

My brother Bongo has in turn decided to use his so called SFC Body guards to do all the dirty work for him. Masagazi, the UPDF officer called me with threats because we had opened up the case at Jinja Court. Mark, his chief body guard turned out to be a muko (Brother in law) through one of Bongo’s sisters, Fatwinah. In return, Mark does the un-called for favors for his muko, Bongo.

Being an SFC, Mark goes on abusing his powers, threatening us whenever he wishes. We call on police to come clean off him or prove our curiosity.”

Uganda